Further usplash development

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Wed Aug 31 00:27:39 CDT 2005

On di, 2005-08-30 at 15:35 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 12:25:36AM +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>
> > I did nto test usplash yet, but this behaviour should come with a notice
> > about why usplash has quit and that this is NOT neccessarily bad...
>
> Unfortunately, that isn't practical for Breezy.  It shouldn't be
> significantly more disconcerting than a pre-usplash system which stays in
> text mode for most of the boot process.

Well, people will get used to usplash. New users know nothing but
usplash. If suddenly it disappears (and it will, once every so-many
boots during fsck) they get scared. It's just the same as when windows
during booting checks the filesystem - blue screen with white letters
all over again :)
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org