planet gnome comment

JanC janc13 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:28:11 CDT 2005

On 8/29/05, Sebastian Dröge <mail at slomosnail.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 29.08.2005, 11:24 -0700 schrieb George Farris:

> > I must concur.  With all the great work that went into Nautilus, would
> > it not make sense to keep the spacial mode by default?
> >
> > The new tree mode makes dropping into browse mode less and less
> > necessary for most people.  Lets think new users here not one already
> > familiar with Nautilus.

> I would also prefer the spatial mode as default. The browser mode is
> just ugly, _so_ last-century and really obsoleted by the new tree mode

Well, I use "browser mode" with the places panel on the left (not the
directory tree panel).  That offers the fastest & easiest way to go to
the places one uses most (use bookmarks!) and because of that is much
better than spatial mode IMHO, even (or especially) for newbies.
(But that's just my opinion of course...)

BTW: spatial mode also dates back to "last century", and its concept
is probably even older(!) than that of browsing mode?

--
JanC