LaptopTestingTeam notes and updates

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:08:14 CDT 2005

Corey,

On 8/24/05, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent response to the team. We currently have ~40
> community supplied machines on the list.
>
> Just some notes about various things:
>
> 1. We are testing Out of the Box support. This means that if it
> doesn't Just Work and needs to hack, it should be marked as No and the
> hack documented.
> 2. We are also testing fresh installs.

I would like to add my machine to the list. I have downloaded the template
and plan to use it on the wiki eventually.

But I have a couple of questions.

1. I have Hoary working and want to install Breezy for testing. Is there a
preferred method? I could download Colony 3, burn a CD, and do an Install.
Or, I could edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change everything from hoary to
breezy and simply do an apt-get dist-upgrade. Presumably each one could have
different results. What is recommended?

2. Dell can be a bit strange with models. One Latitude D800 could have a
different video card, different NIC, different wireless from another D800.
What should I do to see if my hardware is sufficiently like the other D800
in the wiki to have our results combined?

Thanks.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own