Xen packages availible for Ubuntu and Debian

ed despard despareg at clarkson.edu
Mon Aug 29 13:08:27 CDT 2005

On Aug 29, 2005, at 1:26 PM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> On 8/29/05, ed despard <despareg at clarkson.edu> wrote:
>> I would like to announce the availability of packages of xen stable,
>> and unstable for both Ubuntu and Debian.
>
> In xen-stable, I see kernel images for 2.6.11 only, breezy is on
> 2.6.12.
> What will probably break in ubuntu/breezy therefore?
>
> How mature are the 2.6.12 images in the unstable archives?
> (sorry, I can test them only later this week)

unfortuantly, the xen support is not in the mainline kernel, and the
kernel versions that are supported are determined by which versions are
availible in the upstream kernel source.  kernel images from unstable
will not work with stable due to large changes betweent eh 2.0 and 3.0
xen hypervisor interface.  As far as i know, everything that is
relevent to xen should work fine switching from 2.6.12 to 2.6.11.  If
someone really really needs 2.6.12 support in stable, it would be
possible to port the patch, and everyone upstream would appreciate it.

Edward Despard