UTF-8 doesn't display all characters correctly in VC

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 29 01:26:03 CDT 2005

Hi!

Bob Nielsen [2005-08-26  9:49 -0700]:
> > I start mutt with 'LANG=en mutt', which resolves the problem. The issue
> > AFAIK is that the VC doesn't have the right font to support all of the
> > Unicode characters used in the UTF-8 setting.
>
> That works, thanks!  I put "alias mutt = 'LANG=en mutt'" and the
> equivalent for mc in my ~/.bash_profile.  I'm wondering if it would make
> sense to use a different locale for VC operations.

Please rather call "unicode_start" and leave the locale alone (Unicode
is usually prefered and works fine after unicode_start).

This command is usually not necessary on VC 1, just on all further
VCs. This is a known bug somewhere in Bugzilla.

Martin,
who commonly uses mutt on the VC as well

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de