my colony3 live-cd test report

René Moser mail at renemoser.net
Fri Aug 26 14:48:55 CDT 2005

Hi

First of all, thanks to that great work, i love ubuntu and you use it on
a few workstations. So i really wanted to tell you some stuff, so that
ubuntu is going even better:

- while "installing" i didn't have any chance to insert an essid for my
wlan pc-card (US Robotics 5410) but the card was identified properly and
work well. the problem could be, that i have also an eth0 iface and
ubuntu expected to get an IP by this iface, but eth0 was not
connected...i think i had the same problem at breezy.

- Evolution crashed when i went to the proberties --> calendar -->
availability.

- I wonder why the terminal link in the right mouse menu has been
deleted? that is one of my most used operations :)

- Bugreporting should be more easier...without any mta or smtp. that's
not a big deal!

thanks guys

Rene