Fw: Re: [Scim-devel] Fw: Re: What status is Input Method on Breezy?

Takuro Ashie ashie at homa.ne.jp
Thu Aug 25 06:29:45 CDT 2005

Hi.

Here is the reply from James Su who is the author of SCIM.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8046238&forum_id=43684

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:17:41 +0800
From: James Su <suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn>
To: scim-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Scim-devel] Fw: Re: What status is Input Method on Breezy?

Hi,
  Currently,two major China local linux distributions, Red Flag
(Asianux) Linux and Co-Create Linux are using SCIM as default input
method platform. There are many other small local distributions are
using scim as well.
  scim-pinyin should be good enough for Chinese pinyin users.
  scim-fcitx provides good Wubi input method, which is also very popular
in China.
  scim-chewing should be good enough for Taiwan Zhuyin users.
  scim-tables provides many table based Chinese input methods, like
CangJie, which is very popular in Hongkong and Taiwan.
  So scim should be good enough for Chinese users.

Regards
James Su