LaptopTestingTeam notes and updates

Hervé Cauwelier herve.cauwelier at nospam.free.fr
Wed Aug 24 05:21:20 CDT 2005

Andreas Schildbach a écrit :
> I have some questions on this.
>
> "Correct refresh rate?" - What does this mean? Refresh rates are very
> subjective...

For a CRT monitor, below 75 Hz is not acceptable, unless you push it to
its last capabilities. for a LCD, 60 Hz is enough (and the usual rate).

This should be autodected by Xorg after negotiation between the video
card and the monitor (DDC protocol).

> Same with "Correct volume?".

I understand it as "did the startup music yelled or was sweet to your
ears?".

> "External monitor - mirrors" - What does this mean? Clone mode?

Yes, as when you want to use a video projector.

> "External monitor - extend desktop" - AFAIK neither Hoary nor Breezy
> support this out of the box, so the question is pretty useless

This is a thing that the default Xorg config in Fedora seems to offer,
so it may be a reachable goal, maybe just changing the xorg.conf template?

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/