LaptopTestingTeam notes and updates

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Wed Aug 24 04:59:37 CDT 2005

I have some questions on this.

"Correct refresh rate?" - What does this mean? Refresh rates are very
subjective...

Same with "Correct volume?".

"External monitor - mirrors" - What does this mean? Clone mode?

"External monitor - extend desktop" - AFAIK neither Hoary nor Breezy
support this out of the box, so the question is pretty useless

"Lid Close" - what is supposed to happen?

What if I need to configure the Keycode in "Keyboard Shortcuts" in order
for a special key to work? Is this regarded as a hack and therefore the
answer is "no"?

What do we do if the mentioned hardware is not present on the specific
notebook? I have deleted the corresponding rows from the page.

I have added lines separate rows for CF cards, SD cards and the internal
keyboard. Is this ok?

Regards,

Andreas (currently maintaining
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/DellLatitudeX1)