Language Selector

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Aug 22 19:15:03 CDT 2005

> I uploaded a new version today that removed the branding and adds a
> short help too. Comments are welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>  Michael

Here goes :-)

- The program icon looks not too good, it looks out of place in the
Admin menu. I find it difficult to understand (took me some time to
figure out it was an earth, it's not very well drawn), and is sized a
bit too small (looks too small compared to the other icons in the menu).
Would be nicer (and simpler as well) to just use the Gnome "earth globe"
icon, such as used by the "Places->Connect to Server " icon, which does
look nice and in tune with all the other icons.

- When you run the program, the program icon does not appear in the
window border (top left). Instead you get the default white&blue window
icon.

- There is what looks like a typo in the text you just added, altohugh I
am not a native English speaker so should probably keep my mouth shut.
It says : "Choose 'Input' for inputs aids as spell checking. " Shouldn't
that read "SUCH as spell checking" instead ??

- Feature request : I have only two languages (English and French)
installed, but the menu at the bottom is clogged with loads of
"dialects". It also cloggs the GDM log-in screen in the same manner.
All I want to see is one entry English (British) and French (France).
I figured that I could use "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" to remove all
unwanted entries. Could your program have some easy/friendly way of
removing all unwanted dialects so as to keep only one dialect per
language and keep things simple/easy/tidy for the user ?

Regards,

--
Vince