Infra-red autoconf

Hervé Cauwelier herve.cauwelier at nospam.free.fr
Mon Aug 22 14:14:52 CDT 2005

Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on infra-red autoconfiguration. For this to
> happen, I need people who have laptops with infrared ports to send me
> the output of:

I *think* the black plastic window on the right side is an infrared port...

> cat /sys/bus/pnp/devices/*/id

PNP0b00
PNP0c04
PNP0200
PNP0c02
INT0800
PNP0a05
NSC6001
PNP0303
SYN0002
PNP0f13

> along with the driver that you use (if any).

It seems no one is loaded -- "lsmod | grep ir" was a flop -- but
modprobing irda also loaded crc_ccitt. Nothing interesting in the logs,
only "irda_init()". Hope this helps.

This is a Dell Latitude X300. I never used that IR port but I hope it
will "just work" for the day I need it.

Don't hesitate to reply me either on the list or privately (check the
Reply-To) if you need any further information or debug.

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/