New grub version needs testing

handaxe dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 22 02:55:25 CDT 2005

Thanks again.  I kinda figured the placeholder bit after a while :o

No matter if I do it your way or as described 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/cgdzf) the end result is the same - a blinking
cursor freeze ... Yet the process appears to go smoothly.. ho hum.

This happened after the grub update but only when I did the
grub-install bit mentioned by Matthew Garrett.

Again thanks - I will re-install Breezy.

> > Ernst Persson Wrote:
> > Yeah, I had to write some placeholders there since I don't know
> > what partition numbers you have.
> > /dev/ubuntu should be you root disk, /dev/sda9 in my case for example.
> >
> > mount /dev/boot /boot is needed if you have /boot on a separate
> > partition,
> > and in that case the correct partition number for that.
> >
> > grub-install /dev/whatever should probably be /dev/hda.
> >
> > //ernst
> >
> > 2005/8/22, handaxe <dlist at ubuntuforums.org>:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help.  With the first mount commnd I get:
> > >
> > > mount: Mounting /dev/ubuntu on /mnt failed: no such file or directory

> > > --
> > > handaxe
> > >
> > > --

handaxe