Colony 3, Test report

Alvin Thompson alvin-ubuntu at thompsonlogic.com
Sat Aug 20 02:27:40 CDT 2005

now that i've thought about it some more, we both missed a more elegant
solution. this is a one-disc distribution; you can automatically run the
CD test in the background while the user goes through the normal install
process. on anything approaching a modern system (less than 10 years
old), it would hardly be noticeable if noticeable at all. for the
average user, the check will finish before the user finishes with the
required information. that way you'd have the best of both worlds.

you might want to move the partitioning closer to the end, and is there
any reason that ubuntu doesn't do what most other distros do and gather
all the information first and then do all the installing at once?

-alvin

--
Alvin Thompson

Navy: 42