Colong 3 Install hung

Robert Crosbie swingincelt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:18:15 CDT 2005

For me the colony 3 install hangs at "Installed language-pack-en" in a
fresh install.

Looking at the logs, there was a prompt regarding Untrusted packages,
but I forget exactly which one it was...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out how to get past this point
and when I killed the package installation process, it seems to have
also cleared the base-config-pkgsel.log.

The installation did continue a bit, only to hang again with different
untrusted packages:

148 packages upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.
Need to get 81.5MB of archives. After unpacking 28.2MB will be used.
WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
this is what you want to do.

  libgtk2.0-common libsdl1.2debian gstreamer0.8-jpeg
  liblaunchpad-integration0 libcamel1.2-6 libgtkhtml3.8-15
  python-egenix-mxtexttools notification-daemon gcalctool
  gnome-desktop-data nautilus gstreamer0.8-hermes xchat-common
  python2.4-egenix-mxtexttools librsvg2-common python-gtk2 freeglut3
  libgtk2.0-0 gimp-python gstreamer0.8-musepack libsdl1.2debian-oss
  gstreamer0.8-cdparanoia sound-juicer hplip-data gnomemeeting
Should I go ahead and install the packages anyway?
To continue, enter "Yes"; to abort, enter "No":

If the installation hangs awaiting an answer to a question, is it
possible to answer it when there is no prompt on the installation
screen, but the log shows it waiting for an answer?

Cheers