Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Fri Aug 19 12:46:10 CDT 2005

Hello again,

I did some more testing (correcting xorg.conf by hand) and found some
more problems with the Live CD on my Dell Latitude X1:

1) In the Debian installer, I select German keyboard layout, which works
as expected in the text mode console. However, after starting X every
program has got U.S. layout, which was also selected in the keyboard
prefs. Switching therer to German did not help, still y and z are
exchanged for example.

2) > - Bluetooth input devices should work out of the box

I tried both a headset and my Nokia 6630, but no pairing dialog showed
up, and there is no Bluetooth prefs anywhere in the menu. Is there some
special package needed? Are "input devices" limited to keyboards and mice?

3) WLAN/WEP access works very well, but is there also support for WPA
somehow?

4) > - Special keys on laptops should work out of the box in more cases

A lot of special purpose keys do now work out-of-the-box, but some do
nothing: Fn-Standby(Esc), Fn-Sleep(F1), Fn-Battery(F3),
Fn-Scroll-Lock(F5) and Fn-Eject-CD(F10). The Eject hotkey might be
blocked because of the Live CD which may not be removed.

5) Closing the Lid does not have any effect. Actually, I prefer this
behaviour to the usual Go-To-Standby-Behaviour, but is it really expected?

6) Is it possible to enable the new Splash/Boot-Screen on the Live CD?

Regards,

Andreas