changing the session on the live cd

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 19 12:26:31 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 09:09:15AM +0200, Martin Marcher wrote:

> Am Donnerstag 18 August 2005 19:02 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> > You can add modules to the cloop filesystem, and they will be loaded by
> > hotplug.  The only reason to require a different kernel on the CD itself is
> > if you need a different driver to access the CD-ROM.
>
> i don't wanna flame, but the answers i got so far are leading me to 2 possible
>
> 1.) somebody ever created a single working booting live cd. that guy got shot
> and now nobody else knows how to do that.
>
> or
>
> 2.) the people that do know don't want to give away the documentation on how
> to do that.

Why do you assume that the only possible options involve catastrophe or
malice?  The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, and in this
case:

3.) There does not exist a guide for building the live CD from scratch

> I mean if you tell us: "Look into the knoppix How-Tos. We use the same system"
> that's a good answer.

Look at the Debian how-tos.  We use the same system for building our CDs.  I
told you that already.

--
 - mdz