nvidia (glx) graphics drivers

Sandis Neilands sandisn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:12:25 CDT 2005

HI!

some time ago there was a threat on problems with the nvidia glx drivers
> with (eg) geforce 2 go cards..
>
> today i found out that the new drivers of nvidia ("7-series"), which are
> used by ubuntu, too, do no longer support legacy cards, including the
> geforce 2 go model :(

i've noticed it too. I also tried gnoppix (which is ubuntu based live cd) on
machine with i810 graphics card. Max resolution was 640*480, when on windows
its 1024*786. ubuntu certainly needs better legacy card support. Anyway I
believe that there are threads in forums addressed to these problems.

--
Sandis