Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

MadMan2k madman2k at gmx.de
Fri Aug 19 04:03:30 CDT 2005

> I don't think that's the case; if you uninstall usplash (and
> regenerate the
> initramfs), of course it won't touch your video mode.  usplash is merely
> installed by default.

I never installed Usplash - I did a server-expert install (expert to
avoid that hang-up)
but I'll try regenerating initramfs.
Perhaps I should also mention this applies to the installer-kernel too
(linux-expert vga=792); you dont get any output
until the installer renders the ncurses stuff....
> It has always done so, when a network is available.  If by "hangs my
> machine
> up", you mean "causes a delay", that's normal.  Even in strange
> configurations it will eventually time out.

this happended to me also in older ubuntu versuions, so I once even
waited for 30 minutes, but nothing happened.
What I mean my hang up is that the installation process doesnt go on and
the bar stops at 50%.
But the system still reacts to interrupts like ctr + alt + del.