daily-installer asking for root password

Mircea MITU mmitu at bitdefender.com
Fri Aug 19 02:00:28 CDT 2005

I installed yesterday a new breezy using the netboot images from
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/breezy/main/daily-installer-amd64/
20050317ubuntu13.0.200508180/images/netboot/ubuntu-installer/amd64/
(linux & initrd only) and I booted this installer using
debconf_priority=low (expert option).

I was surprised to see that it asked me for the root password during
install process. This didn't happen with warty or hoary. Is this the
expected behavior when booting with debconf_priority=low?

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/