apt and automatic removal of unused dependencies

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Aug 18 18:12:56 CDT 2005

On vr, 2005-08-19 at 08:44 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> That should totally be an assumed feature on archive.ubuntu.com. Are
> you building it from the mailing list posts? Perhaps we could make it
> work directly from the upload queue...

Yes it's a python script that parses incoming messages and that has an
evil hack to figure out the link to the mailinglist archive. So directly
from the upload queue wold not be easy I guess (although: the hack would
work better if the messages would 100% certain be delivered in order).

http://ubuntulinux.nl/files/usn.xml CAN be improved by running it closer
to the source though ;)
--
Dennis K.