ulimit strangeness

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Aug 18 17:11:51 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:58:48PM -0400, Spudgun wrote:

>To stop 'forkbomb' attacks, my limits.conf looks like this:
[..]

Mine looks similar to yours. Now. My question was more along the lines
of "why do I have to edit my limits.conf myself, shouldn't forkbombs be
prevented by default?"

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Simple, clear purpose and principles give rise to complex and intelligent
behavior. Complex rules and regulations give rise to simple and stupid
behavior.
     -- Dee Hock