Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

mayco dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 18 04:04:43 CDT 2005

I also noticed some things that aren't good:

I added if it is "generic" (happens everywhere) or "Dell Insprion 6000"
(if I think it is specific for my laptop)

* *Keyboard layout (generic)*

When you choose "Select from full keyboard list", the names aren't
sorted. You have to go trough the whole list to find the keymap you
need. It should be sorted on name.

* *Bluetooth light pulses instead of a steady light (Dell Inspiron
6000)*

I have a bluetooth-led in my laptop, and it pulses instead of
displaying steady. This is ugly :)

* *X gives a black screen (Dell Inspiron 6000)*

There seems no way to get in X, so I cant test further.

I've tried different drivers (ati is default, i have a ATI Mobility
Radeon X300), even vesa or vga don't work. When i try ati, it boots
into x (i can see the processes, and i can hear the startupsound). When
i try vga or vesa, i get the message "Fatal server error: no screens
found".

--
mayco