changing the session on the live cd

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 17 22:27:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:27:18PM +0200, Martin Marcher wrote:
> i'm recreating the live cd but can't find the place where to change the
> session the live user logs into. I tried adding a /etc/skel/.xsession and
> created a new iso image but with these settings the live cd stops at the
> login manager (which is quite impractical on the live cd)

It uses the default session for the display manager (gdm or kdm).

> also another thing is i'd like to change some casper behaviour and couldn't
> find documentation how to integrate the casper.deb into my version of the cd,
> any hints on this one?

Building the CDs from scratch is a complex process which involves many
different tools.  It's best to start with an existing CD and replace the
bits you want to change.  There's documentation here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveCDCustomizationHowTo

--
 - mdz