Resyncing the archive with the seed lists

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 15 03:25:42 CDT 2005

Hi!

Matt Zimmerman [2005-08-12 12:45 -0700]:
>  o gtk-qt-engine: gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
>    [Reverse-Depends: Desktop seed]
>
> 	UbuntuMainInclusionQueue says: Request retracted, gtk-qt-engine has
> 	big problems with Cairo GTK currently, jriddell 2005-08-04
>
> 	If this is no longer a candidate, it needs to be moved from the
> 	seeds

I could not find it in the seeds, so I assume you already removed it.

>  o ispell-fo: aspell-fo
>    [Reverse-Depends: language-support-fo]
>
>  o language-support-fo: language-support-fo
>    [Reverse-Depends: Supported seed]
>
> 	Pending report for ispell-fo dependency

Some language support packages are still uninstallable, I'll sort that
out soon and will also review the remaining packages.

>  o qdbm: libqdbm-dev libqdbm11
>    [Reverse-Depends: libqdbm-dev]
>    [Reverse-Build-Depends: bogofilter]
>
> 	Has report, but suggests that we disable it(?)

>  o tdb: libtdb1 tdb-dev
>    [Reverse-Depends: tdb-dev]
>    [Reverse-Build-Depends: bogofilter]
>
> 	Report suggests disabling it(?)

You did so, thanks! So this is obsolete now.

>  o wwwconfig-common: wwwconfig-common
>    [Reverse-Depends: moodle]
>
> 	Missing report (should probably be avoided in moodle; Adam, please
> 	confirm)

The intention of this package really makes sense, I would like to take
a look at it and evaluate it. Unfortunately my Debian activities were
quiet nonexistant recently (ENOTIME)... Something like this package is
required for web applications anyway, and Sean Finney did quite good
work on it AFAIK.

>  o gartoon: gnome-icon-theme-gartoon
>
> 	This was seeded for edubuntu, but seems to have been removed.  Moved
> 	to universe.

Hm, I recently approved a report for it.

>  o gnupg2: gnupg-agent gnupg2 gpgsm
>  o libassuan: libassuan-dev
>  o pcsc-lite: libpcsclite1
>  o pinentry: pinentry-qt
>
> 	These were used by some KDE component in Hoary, but are no longer
> 	used.  Riddell, OK to move to universe?

I thought the new KDE PIM required it? IIRC I ack'ed everything but
the SmartCard stuff (pcsc and another package) since that is hard to
support.

>  o language-pack-kde-ms: language-pack-kde-ms
>  o language-pack-kde-ms-base: language-pack-kde-ms-base
>  o language-support-wo: language-support-wo
>
> 	These presumably need to be seeded.  Martin?

Done.

>  o libdb3-util                                                           {db3}
>
> 	Is this worth seeding?  We still have packages which use db3
> 	databases.

Certainly not a big deal since the source is in main anyway.

>  o tdsodbc                                                           {freetds}
>
> 	Its source and dependencies are already in main; should probably be
> 	seeded.  Thoughts?

Doesn't look scary security-wise, no CANs. No objection.

>  o latex-ucs-contrib                                               {latex-ucs}
>
> 	Martin, do we want this in main?

It is not overly useful (it helps you to type Klingon and such stuff
in your LaTeX documents), but completely uncritical, and since the
source is in main, it wouldn't hurt. I seeded it to supported.

>  o ocaml-native-compilers                                              {ocaml}
>
> 	Anyone know anything about ocaml?

A bit, since I maintain a package written in Ocaml, and I dealt with
it in my university time. Ocaml programs are usually compiled into
bytecode and are interpreted by ocaml-base, but for number crunching
apps you can speed them up a bit by compiling it natively. Not more or
less critical than ocaml-base, but usually bytecode is enough.

>  o libpolyp0-glib2.0 libpolyp0-glib2.0-dev polypaudio polypaudio-alsa polypaudio-clients polypaudio-x11{polypaudio}
>
> 	The source is in main because gst-plugins0.8 builds with
> 	libpolyp-dev.  Should we:
>
> 	- Split it?
> 	- Seed the remaining binaries?
> 	- Stop building polypaudio support for gstreamer?
>
> 	Martin, Sebastien?

See other mail, I'd like to see polypaudio back in universe for now. A
nonexistant upstream and some important bugs make it still
unappropriate for main IMO.

>  o postgresql postgresql-client postgresql-contrib postgresql-doc {postgresql}
>
> 	Martin?

We need these in Breezy for a clean Hoary->Breezy upgrade. These are
now transition packages, postgresql moves your old db structure into
the new cluster architecture, and the other packages are empty and
just pull in Dependencies. They can be removed in Breezy+1 (if we
don't support upgrades with skipping releases), and I will remove them
in Debian after the Etch release.

>  o tk8.3-dev                                                           {tk8.3}
>
> 	Should probably be seeded.  Thoughts?

Hmm, new programs should probably built against tk8.4-dev?

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de