MOTU Accessibility Team?

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at canonical.com
Sun Aug 14 17:28:18 CDT 2005

Hi List,

I see that there are now nearly 20 MOTU teams listed in the wiki. I'm
just posting to ask if there would be interest in starting a MOTU
Accessibility Team? Many of the key accessibility components are in main
but there are things floating around that might happily fit into
universe. An interesting one that comes to mind is MisterHouse that
let's people control appliances through the X-10 interface. Lots of
other applications can be seen at the Linux Accessibility Resource Site
(LARS) [2]. Some accessibility tools are very complicated because they
must integrate closely with desktop APIs, but other apps with fewer
dependencies may be low hanging fruit. The first step for a MOTU team
would be to try to identify some of these.

Once I get Breezy installed (just waiting for Colony 3) I'll start
testing the existing accessibility packages. I'll be tracking the status
of these packages on this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyAccessibilityStatus (and file bugs in
bugzilla as appropriate).

- Henrik