install hosed... apt not working anymore

Till Varoquaux till.varoquaux at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:34:13 CDT 2005

thank you very much for the help. this was an auro generated java-package
and the prerm was messed-up trying to un "update-alternative" for every
binary file in the package.
the package was containing an apt binary (java related) so it turned out to
be a real mess. since i knew where the package info is stored i was able to
peak in and fix all this...
thi s experience shows me how flexible debian apt system is and , therefor,
how important it is to have correct packages...
till (still haven't fixed my keyboard issue)