Marketing plan for Breezy?

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:58:05 CDT 2005

I have to second this sentiment.

I kept asking myself, "What's going on with breezy?  What do I have to
look forward to in the next release?  Should I switch to FC4, or hang
on til Ubuntu 5.10?"  Going to unbuntu.com/ubuntulinux.org rarely
yields news of interest.  The ubuntu-news list is fairly inactive.  I
finally discovered the goals website, which was interesting, but not
updated frequently.  To satisfy the crave for what's going on with
ubuntu, I subscribed to the dev list and changes list.
We need some hype if we want to catch the attention of passers by.
Don't count on most people to get their hands dirty looking for
information.

As a start, when ever there is a significant change in one of the
goals, that could be posted to the ubuntu-news list with a
non-technical description of the goal, it's current progress, and why
people should care.  This may help to whet people's appetites for the
next release, and may even interest them into testing the milestone
CDs.

Just my US$.02.

Zach

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=18267488