Resyncing the archive with the seed lists

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Aug 12 20:56:14 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:45:23PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>  o xlibs-data                                                           {xorg}
>
> 	Daniel, is this obsolete, needed as a transitional package, or can
> 	it go?

Required as a transitional package, so it can clean up after itself --
providing the conffiles are unmodified -- as xkeyboard-config replaces
its conffiles, some of which are directory -> file migrations, etc.

Doesn't need to be in new installs, just available to be upgraded for
old installs.

>  o xrender
>
> 	I'm not sure why this wants to move out of main; Daniel?

Because it's been replaced with libxrender.