kde 3.4.2 and printing

alexsid dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 12 08:55:22 CDT 2005

I have narrowed down the problem to libqt as shipped by Ubuntu. I had
the printing problem forever on Ubuntu for both 3.4.2 and 3.5 compiled
from SVN, the same 3.5 worked fine on Debian/unstable which had QT
GCC-3 based.  Yesterday Debian updated libqt-mt package (now it is
compiled with GCC-4.0.2) and when I recompiled KDE-3.5 SVN with
GCC-4.0.2 the printing was immediately broken.

Today I compiled QT myself from sources using GCC-4.0.2,

svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/qt/3.3/qt-copy

Setting

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib

makes printing work w/o any KDE recompilation

--
alexsid