New InitNG

charlieg dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 12 05:09:34 CDT 2005

Jean-Eric Cuendet Wrote:
> Hi,
> I follow all the discussions about init NG. That's great.
> What I'd like to tell you, is that other distrib (I mean Ubuntu at
> least) have similar goals/needs.
> Please, coordinate with them to have a common solution.
> See:
> http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-July/009297.html
> -jec
>
> --
> Jean-Eric Cuendet
> Riskpro Technologies SA
> Av du 14 avril 1b, 1020 Renens Switzerland
> Principal: +41 21 637 0110  Fax: +41 21 637 01 11
> Direct: +41 21 637 0123
> E-mail: jean-eric.cuendet at rptec.ch
> http://www.rptec.ch

>From "Wishlist and Speculation" in this forum thread:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=56027&highlight=initng

"initng.. a replacement for the sysviinit tool, that will allow us to
boot up alot faster. Many report going from 50 seconds down to 15!!."

>From the first reply:

"9. Init-ng is breezy+1 or 2"

I guess if enough people push for InitNG (i.e. test it, get it working
well on Breezy) it could be Breezy+1, so I'll give it a try after I've
upgraded.

--
charlieg