20050812 CD test results

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 11 22:12:40 CDT 2005

With the desktop set newly installable, we have a fresh batch of Ubuntu CDs
(20050812) with half a chance of working.  The results of a quick round of
testing on amd64 and powerpc are:

breezy-install-amd64.iso	Stage 1 succeeded, failed to mount rootfs on first boot (presumably initramfs breakage)
breezy-install-powerpc.iso	Stage 1 succeeded, failed to mount rootfs on first boot (presumably initramfs breakage)

breezy-live-amd64.iso		Boots to GNOME, Firefox runs, OpenOffice.org2 does not start (runtime linker errors)
				X asked monitor autodetection question
				Virtual console switching during startup/shutdown was weird
				I got a US keyboard layout despite having chosen Dvorak in d-i

breezy-live-powerpc.iso		Failed md5sum check; read errors on the cloop (probably a bad burn; should be re-tested)

--
 - mdz