[MOTU] 2005-08-03 Summary of MOTU Meeting

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 01:50:35 CDT 2005

Hi!

Sebastien Bacher [2005-08-08 14:48 +0200]:
> Le dimanche 07 août 2005 à 18:44 -0300, Matthew Paul Thomas a écrit :
>
> > proposed that all components should be changed to have no default
> > assignee
>
> Which is probably a good way to get bugs ignored. Who is going to read
> all the bugs to figure which ones should be assigned to him?

Since I don't have/take enough time to read ubuntu-bugs completely, my
approach is to subscribe to the list and have procmail sort out the
new ones. So I can see all new bugs and can assign them to me if
appropriate (sometimes I also assign bugs to other people if the
assignee is "obvious", but I'm not sure whether this is more an
annoyance or a help).

To save the need for setting up procmail rules and receiving a lot of
mail I will never read, the bug tracking system should offer such a
feature.

How do the others tackle this?

Martin
--