UbuntuExpress status

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Sat Aug 6 04:38:04 CDT 2005

Hi everybody,

Am Freitag, den 05.08.2005, 19:47 -0700 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
> Great!  I'd very much like to try it out.  I'm told that you plan to have
> packages ready on Monday; is that still the case?

I uploaded Daniel Elstner's changes to gparted yesterday, which include
everything GraphicalPartitioningTool wants, but adding mountpoint
information reliably isn't completely there yet, it might misbehave in
corner cases.

 gparted (0.0.8+cvs2005061901-0ubuntu2) breezy; urgency=low
 .
   * debian/control:
     - bumped gtkmm build-depends to >= 2.6.0,
     - bumped Standards-Version to 3.6.2
   * debian/copyright:
     - add proper GPL text.
   * debian/patches/GraphicalPartitioningTool.patch:
     - http://home.versanet.de/~d-elstner/gparted-installer.diff,
       thanks to Daniel Elstner <daniel.elstner at gmx.net>
     - most of these changes only affect the  --installer  option,
     - all eight points of the UDU spec GraphicalPartitioningTool have
       been resolved, merely point 2 (Add a option to edit existing
       partitions (add/remove mountpoints)) hits unlucky corner cases,
       which has still to be fixed.
   * debian/gparted.sgml
     - changed the manpage accordingly

I have not yet added UbuntuExpress team's changes (including GTKplugs)
to it, because I wasn't quite sure how they fitted into the spec - I'm
just the unlucky package maintainer :-)

Have a nice day,
 Daniel