X.Org is unbroken -- how to fix

Guillermo Gutiérrez Herrera capitanterrex at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 5 05:47:31 CDT 2005

El vie, 05-08-2005 a las 19:06 +1000, Daniel Stone escribió:
> Scenario #1:
> Your XKB is broken.  For some reason, you may be using a non-US-layout
> keyboard.  If you were to do this, things may not work.  There are a
> couple of things to do here:
>   * Step one: sudo apt-get install xkbutils.
>   * Step two: sudo dpkg -i --force-confmiss
>     /var/cache/apt/archives/xkeyboard-config_0.5-4_all.deb
> You'll only need step two if you've been upgrading through breezy.
> Upgrades from hoary should be fine.

I'm using a Spanish keyboard and I've got this problem, when in some
applications (emacs21, java's with a GUI) I can write ñ (ñ) but
not acute vowels (&aactue; é ... áéíóú).

I tried to locate 0.5-4 version of xkeyboard-config, but it seems that
there is no that version, but 0.5-3 (at the moment):
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=xkeyboard-config

> Note that you must be using the absolute latest versions of everything
> for this to work.  This means 6.8.2-44 for anything that comes from
> xorg.  Really, it does.

Also I only see the -43 versions of X (maybe the -44 are compiling at
this moment and there are not available)

thanks

regards

--
Guillermo Gutiérrez Herrera <capitanterrex at yahoo.es>
GPG Key ID#55185820 / Linux registered user ID#391847