Nonauthenticated packages in universe

skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 4 14:07:38 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 19:21 +0100, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

> Just to inform the list, Michael Vogt already followed this up in email,
> where I informed him that the NON AUTHENTICATED warning only showed the
> first time I selected the programs for installation, and that selecting
> them again several minutes later (without updating the package listings
> inbetween) did not show the warning.
>
> I have since put this down to insanity since there have been no further
> occurrences, and nobody else saw the problem.

Please check previous post from me: I indeed had a similar
problem with every single download from my local ISP's
mirror of Ubuntu. The problem has subsequently gone away.
No idea why it came or why it went, I asked my ISP, but
I doubt it had anything to do with them and so did they:
I'll bet they're just mirroring the PlantMirror mirror.

My problem wasn't just Universe .. it was with main.
Someone else here commented it is a 'whole archive'
issue and that was my experience.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>