Some questions

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Tue Aug 2 06:04:08 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have many technical questions that I'm sure you could answer. Please, do
that.

1) Is there any project for showing developers info (like gentoo's developer
of the month)?. It could be interesting for promoting Ubuntu and knowing more
about it.

I think you could add ubuntu statistics too in this monthly report ala gentoo:
for example web statistics (number of visits, localtion of visits, number of
downloads of .iso, number of bugs resolved, ...). These gives us better point
of view of the evolution of ubuntu.

2) Is it possible to have a copy-paste/drag-and-drop cd-writer (with CD burner
and nautilus): it automatically see what's the system of cdr (multisession,
iso9660, ... or virgin media) and writes to cdr according with that info.?

I think it were useful for beginners

3) Is there any "official" net version of releases?. Here
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hoary/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/
I find a net-installer release, but it this "official"?. Why it's not in
cdimages.ubuntu.com?

4) How passwords work in linux?. Can anyone explain me in high detail or show
me references. I would like to think of public/private key cryptosystems in
linux, but for that I want to know what's exactly what happens know with
passwords: how these are formed and where are located.

Thank you very much in advance. And sorry for annoying but I think you are the
best indicate for answering these questions and I did not see before any
answer

Thanks,
Xan.