Weird Problems with Sound -> hoary/breezy

Martin Meredith martin at sourceguru.net
Mon Aug 1 18:56:54 CDT 2005

Since trying out breezy, and well, using breezy, my sound in hoary has
stopped working for my soundcard only, It'll still output to my DSP
headphones, but wont to my regular speakers... Even if I try and not use
arts ... it'll not output anything to the speakers.

It works fine in breezy, but now wont work in hoary (I installed
akode-mpeg in breezy and that was about it apart from restarting arts)

Weirdness... espescially seeing as it wont output when I try to use it
directly.

Any suggestions?