Weird mount bug

rave dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Tue Apr 26 12:00:32 CDT 2005

:D

Trent Lloyd, was right about the re-mounting. In fact its a problem
developers like you and me have to keep in mind while using mount
points and the mount syscall.

Its like opening a file while an other process has a read/write lock on
this file. Unsafe applications just assume a normal situation and end up
with problems alike the one you faced. I am not saying this is bad
coding but it was just a thought for the current developers.

Can you tell me what file system this directory uses ?. Because slowing
down can also happen on usb mass storage devices like an extrenal hard
disk  ..

Rave,

Developer

Rosiello Security