wpa and ipw2100 on hoary

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 06:23:20 CDT 2005

On 4/7/05, Karl-Heinz Nirschl <khn at bluejack.ath.cx> wrote:
> i can't get wpa working with the latest 2.6.10-5 an wpa_supplicant on a
> ibm thinkpad.
>
> # wpa_supplicant  -ieth0 -Dipw
>
> gives me:
>
> ioctl[IPW_IOCTL_WPA_SUPPLICANT]: Operation not supported

I also tried this with ipw2100 and failed. I also have the impression
this has is a problem in hoarys kernel, or better, the ipw module of
that kernel.

> if i use a custom kernel (debian source 2.6.11-2) with ipw2100 (1.1.0-1)
> as modules wpa works.

This would harden my assumption. I have not found a bugzilla bug for this.

Can anyone comment on this issue? Otherwise I'll open an bugzilla
report for this.

--
regards,
    Reinhard