SCSI scanners : make them work.

troutrou dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 20 02:38:10 CDT 2005

>That shouldn't be necessary; this was fixed some time ago in the
hotplug

>package.  If you remove the sg module from /etc/modules, it should be
loaded

>automatically when your scanner is detected.

>Please try it; if it doesn't work, file a bug against the 'hotplug'

>package, and tell us what is in the appropriate 'type' file in

>/sys/class/scsi_generic.

Doesn't work, but I don't have a "scsi_generic" folder in  /sys/class,
so can't file a bug :-/

All I have is /sys/class/scsi_device and /sys/class/scsi_host

I looked in scsi_device/3.0.0.0 and found a link to a another folder,
which contained a few tiny text files, including 'vendor' and 'model',
which cleared showed that the scanner was properly recognized : "AGFA"
and "Snapscan 1236".

However in the hardware/device manager, the scanner/device is not
identified, there is no way one could guess it's a scanner or anything,
the only string says "SCSI device".

--

Vince

PS: Evolution is broken in Breezy, so I am writing this from the web
forum, sorry if there is any HTML stuff...

--
troutrou