Map some other function to the insert key

George Farris george at gmsys.com
Tue Apr 19 17:42:14 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 11:10 -0300, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
> Insert is a bit more complicated, because there's almost no indication
> that you're in overwrite mode, and this overwrite mode is damn
> confusing, with no clear indication on how to stop this behaviour.
>
> So, it would be useful making insert an additional control, but caps
> lock would be:
>
> 1 - Leaved alone (IMHO the best);
> 2 - Completely disabled (Not sure if it's a good solution)
> 3 - Mapped to an additional Shift (I agree, this is sort of dumb).

Come on people you are proposing changing something that has been
standard in the computer industry for decades.  Don't even go there.
Every computer I've ever worked on since 1979 has has a caps lock key
and it has always functioned the same way.  Insert is more or less the
same thing.  Plus the fact that all manor of training manuals and
School/College/University courses teach basics of these keys.  You can
really be serious about changing that.

--
George Farris
george at gmsys.com