Better Nautilus Spatial

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Sun Apr 17 17:03:45 CDT 2005

ubuntulist.3.maxchee at spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Here is my suggestion of a new spatial behaviour:
>
> A folder will be automatically minimized when the user opens one of its
> subfolders for the first time.
>
> If the *very next* action performed by the user *on the autominimized
> folder* is
> to bring it up again, then a flag will be set to tell nautilus not to
> autominimize it the next time.

I'm sorry, this is hopeless. Although this could be a very usable
feature (as in: not much clicking needed to reach some sort of
training/configuration) for people who know how that specific nautilus
feature works, it is totally non-intuitive. We should look further than
this, the possibilities with the user-interface are endless. The art is
to find that thing that feels natural and is efficient.

Eric