Hoary upgrade: no network connection

alx dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 13 08:05:02 CDT 2005

dhclient doesn't seem to run.

In fact i don't really know: made a 'ps -ax | grep dhclient', nothing
appeared, and the package doesn't exist in Synaptic too.

I'm not under an ISP, it's an office network, and the admin told me
nothing was changed on my domain, so I thing it's the new Ubuntu
upgrade.  :neutral:

Internet is working for the moment, cross my finger not to shot to hard
on my box at next disconnection  ;-)

Carl Karsten Wrote:
> alx wrote:
> > Not working again, what's the hell with this?
> >

> Check to see if dhclient is running.  I know you don't want to be using
>
> it, but maybe it is running even though you have a static config setup.
>
> (I had this happen on a box that I switched from dhcp to static, but
>
> forgot to kill dhclient.)
>
> Carl K

alx