Derived distros - howto?

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim rms46 at ui.edu
Mon Apr 11 01:48:25 CDT 2005

>>> What about installation disc customization?
>> [...]
>  [...] and it's immediate thread ancestors:
> <http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-March/006245.html>

To Whom It May Concern,

I have read several related threads, howtos, and webs, including:
http://people.debian.org/~osamu/hackdi/

Unfortunately, I still have no idea on how to properly modify a
deb based ISO image. For example, I would like to delete several
unrelated packages (e.g. languages), and add several other packages.

I am currently stuck on how to make a proper signed "Release.gpg"
file, i.e. how to tamper with an un-installed /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
file?

May I know which (web) forum is the most proper place to discuss
this issue?

Thank you,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org/ --