Another extremely urgent nVidia driver testing request

Adam Membrey membreya at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 4 17:22:59 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:30 am, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:10:23PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > nVidia have released another version of their driver (1.0.7174) as an
> > errata release to 1.0.7167 with very few changes.  We're hopefully
> > going to pick this one up for Hoary, but as with 7167, it needs a fair
> > bit of testing.  If anyone with an nVidia card could please add this
> > to their sources list:
> > deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~daniels/l-r-m/ i386/
> > for i386 users, or:
> > deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~daniels/l-r-m/ amd64/
> > for amd64 users, and run a dist-upgrade (or 'Smart Upgrade'), reboot,
> > and let me know whether it worked or failed, I would be very, very
> > much obliged.  No 'yeah, works for me', or 'it didn't start' report
> > is too dull: if this is to go into Hoary, we need to test the pants
> > off it.
>
> Thanks a lot for the testing, all; I'm uploading this to hoary tonight.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents, as Daniel is aware I've been complaining
of lockups using the 7167 drivers.  After installing the 7174 drivers and
removing the renderaccel option from my xorg.conf I no longer experience any
lockups.

Thanks ubuntu guys, keep on rocking :)

--
Q: Why is Christmas just like a day at the office?
A: You do all of the work and the fat guy in the suit