Some criticismes

underworld dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Apr 11 13:35:03 CDT 2005

Uphaar Agrawalla Wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 10:21 PM, underworld <dlist at ubuntuforums.org> wrote:
> >
> > What are the disadvantages to run prelink?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Daniel
> >
> > --
> > underworld
> >

> As Matt mentioned, it was discussed before:
> http://tinyurl.com/6gxtc

Hm, I have now read the messages in this thread but couldn't find a
hint of disadvantages.

If I understood it correctly, I am no programmer, they discussed about
how to benchmark if prelink is faster or not. And that probably prelink
works better for KDE than for Gnome, due to the different
architectures.

In a link to another thread in this thread I found out why Ubuntu
doesn't use prelinking: because they use  -Wl,-O1 in the LDFLAGS by
default, which also makes the load times faster.
(http://tinyurl.com/492mq & http://tinyurl.com/6yees  )

Greetings,
Daniel

--