Easy way to go to hoary?

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 07:22:32 CDT 2005

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:04:21 +0300, Thom Holwerda <slakje at quicknet.nl>
wrote:

>> Again... I'm talking about a machine that doen't have access to internet
>> and has "bonus" packages installed (packages that are not in "main")
>
> Best solution I can think of is to drag the machine to a place where you
> can hook it up to the internet and update that way. It would be very
> hard for apt to determine dependencies and all that on a machine that
> has no direct access to the repositories...

Well.. not really... because you see, I'm thinking that the "isolated"
machine's apt knows what is installed and the "intermediary" or connected
machine's apt knows what is available.... now the only thing that remains
is for some other app (USU) to figure out what needs to be downloaded in
order for the "isolated" machine to be updated.

Also... dragging the machine to a internet line is not an option...
I don't think it even has a network card, not that it would be a problem
to install one. :)

Peter.