Instalation Report of hoart-rc

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Apr 5 13:12:50 CDT 2005

Xan wrote:
> Dimarts 05 Abril 2005 12:45, en/na Carl Karsten (<Carl Karsten
> <carl at personnelware.com>>) va escriure:
>
>>>Re: Instalation Report of hoart-rc
>>
>>>Is there a objective way for knowing is cable is not secure? That is, I
>>>check my cable visually, but perhaps cable is tight, so it unsecures
>>>itself. How can I know it via software?
>>
>>http://www.stresslinux.org/
>>
>>A collection of hardware test programs, including some drive tests.
>>
>>Carl K
>

> Can you be more specific?.
> What tool do you use in this case?
>
> I think that the most adequate is:
>  - stress
>  - iometer
>  - lshw
>  - bonnie
>
> but with what params?

I am sorry to say "I dont' know."

About a week ago I needed to test a box because the ubuntu setup would
just stop at random places.  the Box would not lock up, but it seemed
something was wrong.  So I looked over this list of 4:
http://www.livecdlist.com/index.php?pick=All&sort=&showonly=diagnostics

I downloaded both Overclockix and stresslinux, and stresslinux was the
only one that seemed to be dedicated to testing.  I will say that I was
disappointed at the lack of a "generic test run" option.  I spent about
30 min trying to figure out how to "test everything" but couldn't find
anything like it.

So you are on your own.

Carl K