Slow dvd writing

calc dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Mon Apr 4 11:53:12 CDT 2005

robot Wrote:
> I tried running:

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> but get:

Code:

> Why can't I set the DMA mode for the drive?

This is most likely caused by there being ide-* lines in your
/etc/modules file, remove them. The issue is that the ide generic (non
DMA supporting) driver gets loaded before the chipset specific driver
does. The generic driver takes over control of the ide devices and so
you end up not being able to turn on DMA.

--
calc