Ubuntu IA64 Port Project

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Wed Sep 22 18:17:20 CDT 2004

Hi Thibault

I would welcome this, and have asked the team to make available to you
everything you'll need for the port.

Further, if you can:

  - credibly claim to have a team that will not let the IA64 port fall
behind
  - address security issues promptly (uploading fixed packages as soon
as fixes are available in the community for known issues)

... then I'll arrange for there to be a set of buildd's that will
automatically build all new Ubuntu package uploads for IA64, and an
official repository for that.

I can't devote any core team time to it, but I'll make the hardware and
bandwidth available to assist.

Cheers,
Mark

--